Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Night Nesting

Tonight I've been nesting.  Since I won't be able to push, pull, lift, or tow for several weeks, I've been going around around the house getting things done:  Laundry done and folded (thanks to my sister).  Dishes washed. Kitchen cleaned.  Sheets washed and back on the bed.  Chester's litter box cleaned.  Trash and recycle bins ready to be hauled by one of my lovely family members to the curb tomorrow evening.

Mom and Dad came in tonight with my sister Rebecca.  Rebecca doesn't have to work the next couple of days, so she wanted to come for support. 

My last meal tonight was a soupy chili and low fat cottage cheese for a snack.  I drank my last drink of water - until after surgery - about 11:30pm, totally missing my last 30-minute window to drink anything before midnight.  Since my surgery isn't until 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon, my brain is trying to convince myself that I'm somehow going to die of thirst. 

I keep feeling like I'm forgetting something, yet even if I do, it'll be all right. 

I'll post again as soon as I'm coherent enough from you anesthesia stupor.  However, don't be surprised if I post some mumbled jumbled nonsense.  Just reason that I'm still alive and well, but still riding the anesthesia/pain med cocktail.  Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Excitement Level: 70%  Nervous Level: 150%

No comments:

Post a Comment