Monday, December 6, 2010

T-Minus Two Days. . .

This morning, I trekked through a good dose of traffic from south Fort Worth all the way to Trophy Club, Texas, for a few tests: blood work, EKG, blah, blah, blah, etc., infinity, plus more.  All these tests are important because come Thursday at 12:30pm, I'll be checking into Baylor Medical Center at Trophy Club to undergo a little procedure that should give me the necessary tool to continue regaining my health and my life.  

I'm having gastric lap band surgery.

I officially started the process back in the summer.  Thankfully, my employer has a wonderful Wellness Division and the director has streamlined the process.  They see the value of getting employees healthy, so all the battling with the insurance company has diminished; I received my approval in less than a week when most others took about four to six weeks.

The first step was PAPERWORK!  Loads and loads of paperwork!  I had to read and watch a lot of information on several procedures, but if you know me, you know that I like my research!  I had to attend two surgical seminars and their two support groups.  Then I decided on the surgery I felt was right for me, as well as the surgeon.  I had four nutrition appointment, each one month a part, where I began practicing a post-surgery life style.  Had a psychological evaluation. (YES!  I passed!)  My insurance did my final approval.  The date was set.

So, here I am.  

I'm currently in the last few days of my pre-op diet to shrink my liver, so it won't need to be moved around too much.  I'm excited and nervous, but mostly stressed about getting everything in order at work (and home) since I'll be out for three weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you! I'm proud of your resolve and inner strength.

    ReplyDelete